I am looking for a work at home job.

I would like to do something like transcription, virtual assitant, mystery shopper or even blogging. I am not certified but have done billing and insurance verification as long as coding at a hospital now for over 3 years and would like to find something at home, so I can be at home with my little guy a littlbe bit more. can someone help point me in the right direction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a couple of thoughts. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business?I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 3:33 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I work from home with a health benefit company called AmeriPlan and it's really simple and easy to do. It's fun and really nice to be able to work from home and still make money. What we do is contact people who need health benefits and get them signed up with our benefits that save them up to 80% on things like dental, vision, medical, perscription, and chriopractic care. It's a really outstanding company that has been in bsiness since 1992. If you want more info you can email me here or you can visit the website at www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/MichelleZinser
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 3:54 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I work with ChaCha answering people's questions online. Someone can text any question to 242242 (chacha) and guides who are at home on their computers use the internet to find the answer, they input it in the computer, and hit send and it routes to the customer's cell phone the answer to their question. You get paid 10-20 cents per question you answer, and most take 30 seconds-3 minutes to answer. It's fun, educational, and you can work your own hours however much or little you want at whatever hours you want. You just have to be able to sit at your computer for the time because questions pop up pretty much immediately after you answer one!

www.chacha.com
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I can help you! I would love to get you all the details about the company I work from home with.You can visit http://www.workathomeunited.com/sbrement I hope to hear from you soon!
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 4:41 PM on May. 26, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

The most common work at home JOBS pertain to customer service, administration, sales, tutoring, writing, consulting, healthcare, marketing, and technical support. There are also many legitimate home BUSINESS opportunities in direct sales, affiliate programs, and network/referral marketing.

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 6:01 PM on May. 26, 2009

• www.momportunity.com
    There are tons of jobs there.
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 6:12 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have been with the same work at home company for 2 years and I love it. I sell purses and candles and due to an illness I am working online only right now and I'm still able to make money. This may or may not be something you are interested in but I wanted to let you know about it. My website is www.mythirtyone.com/2100 Hope to hear from you soon.
    georgiasmom125

Answer by georgiasmom125 at 10:18 PM on May. 27, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2009