Protein powder

I am looking for a protein powder, to make shakes in the morning with. Just to add extra protein to my diet, I have been running a few days a week and am looking for something that doesnt taste terrible. I have tried Cinch by shaklee, as well as a few other ones that i found in the store, any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Special K but it doesn't give you very much protein, my DH uses muscle milk, it has a lot of protein but be careful, it can make you fat if you don't work out.
    Anonymous

• I drink muscle milk but I work out. It's lactose free and only 230 calories. I like to have between 20 - 30g of protien right after I work out. It's a combination of milk and soy protiens so I doubt it will give you much size. Just know, soy protien and whey protien are very different different.
    TaiyoandMe

Answer by TaiyoandMe at 2:33 PM on May. 26, 2009

• EAS brand is great. And its not too expensive if you get the 5lb bag at Sam's Club
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 3:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Peanut butter added to a bannana and milk/ yogurt shake is yummy. Or beef up on the red meat. Eat dark leafy vegetables too. Its good stuff mannard.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 5:11 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I was using the EAS for my son, bought at Walmart ($14) and it tastes really good. No funny flavor or aftertastes or grittiness. He likes the Choc. The protein per gram is high. I added a whole banana and also an egg to the blender, 2 scoops (instead of the recommended 4 b/c he's only 15 and not a large boy), milk and crushed ice. It made a delicious full breakfast. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Try Unjury protein shake powder - comes in chocolate, vanilla, flavorless and chicken (like cup of soup). I also use GNC Whey Protein and that's Vanilla flavored. Doesn't taste bad, but wish I got it flavorless to add to more things. Unjury I have only tried in chocolate and it's good.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:05 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Most Americans eat WAY to much protein, and not enough whole grains, fruits and vegetables. I urge you to do your own research before starting a high protein diet. Here is an article to get you started: http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=11234
    You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Answer by rkoloms at 7:48 PM on May. 28, 2009