potty training

My DD is fully pee trained has been for a couple weeks she even stays dry at bedtime and naptime, but I can't get the pooping down. How can I get her to poop in the potty? By the way she has pooped in the potty before more than a couple times the thing is she wont tell me when she has to poop only pee

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Make a sticker chart for her and every time she goes poop in the toilet give her a sticker. When the chart gets full giver her a prize, like a favorite activity or a new toy.
    Explain to her how the chart works. And make sure to give her lots of time, Also, many children go potty around the same time everyday. My son usually does his business before or after nap time (used to be during). Pay attention and encourage her to use the toilet at around the time she would normally be pooping. Good luck.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:26 PM on May. 26, 2009

• that is the thing with my DD she doesn't go the same time everytime. Sometimes it could be in the morning other times it could be right before naptime or after naptime whyll sometimes it is even right when I lay her down to go to bed at night. And she has anywhere from 1 to 3 BM's a day
    Anonymous

• Whatever you do, I wouldn't put pressure her. My DD was the same way (and not to scare you) she took almost a YEAR to start pooping on the potty. I don't know what her deal was...she was 100% trained for pee (even for long car rides) but refused to poop. I think it's fairly common.
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 2:44 PM on May. 26, 2009