Anyone think Kate (Jon & Kate Plus 8) is getting unfairly judged b/c she's the mother?

I feel like mothers are judged way more harshly in our society than fathers Fathers are able to work outside the home, have hobbies, friends etc., while mothers who do so are judged to be negligent. In our society, it's a-ok to complain all about how your mother didn't love you, how she worked outside the home and thus, abandoned you, while to complain about a father in the same way is less acceptable. Fathers are let off the hook way more often. This is totally the case with this whole Jon and Kate media storm. She is the 'greedy bitch' while JOn is the poor schlep. Let us not forget that in the early episodes he got to run off to work everyday while she was stuck at home with 8 kids. He was the one who got caught 'cheating' first and yet, the media makes it all out to be her fault. I think it's unfair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• first of all that is between john and kate i understand his point of view with the camra's all the time that would drive me nuts on tv all the time never having time for yourself even to shit and i like kate im like her that is how things are run in my house and if that makes me a bitch thank you i guess i am
    Anonymous

• Not really no. I don't think it is because she is the mom. I get the distinct impression that she is all about the show and money and he wants out and she doesn't care. Dr. Phil says if you are part of a couple, and one of you has a problem, weather you understand the problem or not...you both have a problem. One of you cannot be happy and the other totally miserable and expect it to work. He seems resentful that he is at home and lost his job because of the show while she galavants all over the universe. She is angry because he is tired and not into this anymore. She is right, the swiftly became different people in all of this. Now it is up to them weather they love each other enough to meet in the middle...honestly, I don't think she has it in her. She is very controling. I don't know them personally just the vibe I get. I don't think it is because she is the mom but rather who she is as a person.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:36 PM on May. 26, 2009