Are there any risk to Evening Prime Rose Oil?

I seen a lot of women talking about taking this orally or placing a capsule directly on the cervix to aid in dialation and jump starting labor.

Are there any risk to this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• none that i know of, i started taking it the week before i went in to be induced and the night i went in they checked me and i was alredy 4 cm dialated and contracting lol but my baby was absolutely fine
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 2:42 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Thank you for the information. I had an induction with my first daughter that ended bad and my doctor is already talking about induction again so I'm wondering what safe, natural things I can do to help things along at home.
    Anonymous

• yes it is a blood thinner so if you have blood issues you need to be careful

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 2:47 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It's a blood thinner, so use it sparingly. It was suggested to me for help with relaxtaion, for aid in stopping smoking when I got pregnant, but used in very small doeses.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 2:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Evening Primrose Oil isn't actually used to start labor. That's a common misconception. It aids in thinning your cervix so that when you DO go into labor it should go smoothly.
    Anonymous

• Check this link out. Maybe it will help you.

http://www.healthvitaminsguide.com/natural-nutrients/evening-primrose-oil.htm
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:00 PM on May. 26, 2009