I have just gotten temp custody of my 6yo grand daughter. she was fine for a while but is starting to act up.Because her nana doesn't call it isn't she can't she just doesn't .it was a family problem out of state and to keep her in school for the last month and a half.she is use to being with me on week ends and anytime she isn't in school so I don't know what to do any ideas? I have called her nana and she just rushes off the phone.

a little while. she is use to being with us on weekends and anytime she isn't in school. we have called her nana you raised her but she just ruses off the phone. it was a family problem that took her out of state but we felt it was best for the child to stay and finish school any ideas what I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on May. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She will always act good and then act up. That's something to accept and just realize your time is hers, not yours if she's with you. I put my kids in the corner, if she gets out then put her back and just accept that she will resist. She can lose privilages even at that age, like tv or just make her sit out for 6 minutes when she disobeys. I sent my kids to their rooms if they throw fits, that is just for my sanity, not their discipline. I say"when you quit screaming/stomping then you can come out. I make sure their room is safe, so they don't kick a shelf over on them...I have 4 kids and have had two fit throwers. I went to a counselor to figure out strategy too, LOL I had to keep my cool so he helped with consequenses. Also give her a schedule, she needs one if she doesn't have one...chores like helping you unload the dishwasher, fold towels...then reading time, play time...it all helps
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 9:05 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Sounds like she is missing this person, instead of talkin to them(since they avoid her or you) have her draw pictures or write a story. Scheduals are great. We also use the corner for minor things, not listening the video games go, if he keeps up not listening the TV goes and he has to sit at the kitchen table and read books color draw something along them lines. If she is just being nasty you can put her in her room(I do this with my 2 year old when she is just being loud)
    Do not let her get away with stuff cause it will make it worse. Be firm but give her chanses to help you
    Good Luck
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:17 AM on May. 27, 2009