Would this agitate you?

I was a part of Meetup.com where new groups in your area get emailed to you. I had gotten an email recently for this Attachment Parenting group.
Ok... I am pretty thick-skinned when it comes to things but this totally rubbed me the wrong way as a parent.
There was a little paragraph about the group but the last sentence that stood out was, "if you aren't lazy about parenting this is the group for you"
What?!?!?!?
Ok just need to go there for a moment: Just b/c there are others out there that do not practice the AP way that does not make them lazy when it comes to parenting!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm an AP mom, but that is totally rude! i would never assume a mother was lazy for not practicing AP style. It's moms like that that give us all bad names.
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 2:46 PM on May. 26, 2009

• What the heck is AP???
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 2:49 PM on May. 26, 2009

• "Attachment Parenting".....breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, gentle discipline, ect...
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 2:50 PM on May. 26, 2009

• wow. I dont know what to say... Baby wearing?? That brings forth such a vived and wrong group of mental pictures you all dont want to know.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 2:55 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Lostshel,

What do you mean with the mental pictures and baby-wearing? =S.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 3:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• That's incredibly rude and judgemental.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:07 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Is babywearing the same as carrying them in a sling while you do what you need to do around the house? I loved doing that with my babies. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:47 PM on May. 26, 2009

• lol...YES, prydferthMenyw (what a screename! lol)...that's what baby wearing is... I loved wearing my little ones, too. I used to nurse with them in their slings, too...nothing like nursing, cuddling AND doing dishes at the same time :)
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 3:53 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It puts the lotion in the basket...
    Anonymous

• It's...
    It puts the lotion on is skin or else it gets the hose again
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 4:48 PM on May. 26, 2009