Potty Training

I was wondering when everyone started potty training. My son is 13 months and is really good at walking. I was thinking about buying a potty and getting this show on the road... Any suggestions or is it too soon?

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 3:12 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does he seem to know when he has gone potty of has to go potty? if not there is no reason to start! I have worked with kids for 10 years and the earliest i have seen someone potty trained was 20 months. . .so i dunno totally depends on the kid though:) and i agree you will need a potty anyway so if you think he is ready buy one and see!!
    Huntersmom209

Answer by Huntersmom209 at 12:36 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I started when my son was 2.5. He stayed dry through naptime, he was capable of indicating the need to potty through words(although they won't till later), he was capable of pulling his pants up and down(again, won't happen till later), He had an interest in the potty and was willing to sit on it and try without being scared.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:14 PM on May. 26, 2009

• my son is also 13 m/o. his grandma got a cute truck potty, mostly because she thought it was so cute and wanted to grab it off the shelf before getting sold out. i still think he's too young to understand. but he has a bad diaper rash so I've been letting him go bare most of the day, and was kinda tempted to take out the potty and see what he thought of it. he enjoyed pushing the button that makes noise when pressure hits it (makes back-up beeping sounds and a horn beep when the pressure of pee or poo hits it LOL) but as far as knowing to sit on the potty when he has to go, he's not ready. and he doesnt really give me clues as to when he's in the process of peeing or pooping so I dont think we'd make it to the potty on time lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

• my daughter started at 2 and is now 2 1/2 it took this long and she still has a few accidents but they say to wait until there two or older
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 4:03 PM on May. 26, 2009

• my son is 18 months - almost 19 and I couldn't even think to start yet - he just isn't there yet - he has told me 3 times that he's pooped or pee'd but not in a row and doesn't show 1 bit of interest.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:05 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i started all my kids at 2 yrs old. they were all potty trained in one week and don't wet there beds.if he seem ready to u try it if not just wait a little longer u wont waste ur money buying a potty because u will eventually need it anyway . right?
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 7:21 PM on May. 26, 2009