omeone has said, I think the government has no business being involved in who a person loves, and what rights they have regarding that person.

What about Polygamists, shouhld their relationships be legal?
What about 1st cousins who love and want to be married?
An adult wants to marry a 13 year old without parental consent? 13 yr olds can get abortions without parental consent, shouldn't they be allowed to marry, too?

Who gets to determine where the line is drawn? Gays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The voters?
    Anonymous

• jimmeny this is such a stupid arguement. The same kind that was used during the time of extreme racism
    Anonymous

• I would say the voters but thats a joke. Thats the case with the Prop 8 thing in CA and people are still pitching a fit about it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I actually agree with polygamy. As long as youre not forcing people to marry, marrying someone underage, and the family can be supported, then it should be legal.
    I dont think 13 year olds should be able to get abortions without parental consent, and i dont think 13 year olds should marry
    I dont think you should be able to marry a dog, because a dog can give no consent.

I think it is wrong to say two consensual adults cannot get a certificate of authentication as per their union.

Thats ridiculous.
    This country should not be run based off of arbitrary religious ideals.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 3:32 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Consenting adults should be allowed to do as they please as long as they are not harming anyone who does not consent, period.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:05 PM on May. 26, 2009

• What about Polygamists, shouhld their relationships be legal?

Yes.

In some states, it is legal.

An adult wants to marry a 13 year old without parental consent?

Sorry, not a consenting adult.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:41 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree government needs to stay out of our lives as much as possible but that doesn't mean you should be able to do things that are illegal..
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:45 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Why not allow an adult daughter to marry her father. How about if two sisters or two brothers want to marry each other. Why not allow a sister and brother to marry? If they are consenting adults who are we to judge. Even within families the chance of genetic deformity is very rare less than 3 percent. If love is love why not allow them to marry? Gross to me but it is all about letting those who love others to be together who is it hurting? Sounds lame but if are redefining marriage lets do it for all who want to marry even if it makes us feel queasy. As long as they are consenting adults who is to tell anyone who to love is the argument right?

Anonymous

• mancosmomma said just exactly what I was going to say, so I don't have to repeat it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 5:05 PM on May. 26, 2009

• 1st cousins can legally marry in about half the states in the union, including the majority of the states in the NE, such as New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, and DC
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:42 PM on May. 26, 2009