dreams about exes

so probably for a week now, every night i've been having dreams about ex boyfriends from high school. pretty weird. most of them have involved us just hangin out or kissing. I dont quite understand why I'm having these dreams because I want to be with SO the rest of my life. I wrote to one of my exes, whom I am still good friends with (only internet based now, since we live far apart and havent reunited since high school), and he told me he had a dream about me on saturday but hesitated to write because he didnt know how to put it in words! anyone have dreams like this and wake up confused? if you didnt end on bad terms ever think, if SO left or passed away have you ever thought about what it would be like to re-date "that guy?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Ive thought about it before. Im still in contact with all of my old boyfriends. We always broke up on good terms and stayed close as friends. I still talk to most of them at least once a week. I have had dreams like that where it was current in the time but we were togeather instead of me and my SO. I love my SO and want to stay with him forever but i have wonderd what it would be like to get back togeather with one of the guys if my SO ever passed away. My SO knows about the dreams and the thoughts about it because we have talked about it a few times. He always tells me that if he was to pass away he would want me to date people agian because he would want me to be happy. And my SO knows most of my old boyfriends. They get along great its funny haha.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:26 PM on May. 26, 2009

• im like that with one of my ex's and i know if anything ever happend between me and SO hed be the one i run to... hes like my bestfriend..

latley ive been ahvign dreams about him... and thats weird for me cause i usually only have nightmares!!!! in one we were getting married, in the other we were having babies...just weird stuff
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:52 PM on May. 26, 2009

• here lately there have been songs on the radio that make me think of my ex. and to make it worse I see him at the store like every time I go. we never say anything just smile and nod. it makes me wonder why we broke up, I dont' think I ever got over him before marrying dh and having kids. i wonder about him all the time and wonder what would happen if something did happen.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I just had one last night about a ex-boyfriend who I reached out to on FB. I was just wondering how he was doing and if what I heard about him being married and having five kids before the age of 30 was true. He confirmed all of it for me this morning. When we ended we still remained good friends...I might even say friends with benefits. Since then we've both married, had kids and move on. However, it still was weird hearing from him. I was hoping that if and when he replied to my message that he would tell me that he and his wife were divorced or atleast that he was miserable. I know that's so mean of me but it's true. I wanted him to even if it was just for a moment, to wish that he and I was still together. To make myself feel better since I havn't seen pics of his family yet I secretly wish his wife was some big fat troll of a woman and that all of thier kids were funny looking. It helps me get thru!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:03 PM on May. 26, 2009

• wow ladies is there something going on astrologically, like some planets being aligned differently or something? lol its so odd others are having dreams like mine. I find it odd my ex had a dream about me too!
    Anonymous

• I had a dream about an ex not too long ago. For the rest of that day I went around with a bittersweet feeling and really just missed the hell out of him. Luckily it was only that one night and the feeling did finally subside but I think it's just because he will always hold a special place in my past even though that relationship was FAR from perfect and the fact that we really didn't have a "close" to our relationship. He moved across the country and we stayed in contact for about a year but slowly just faded away from each other. But no, I would never get back with him if I ever found myself single again though I think I may like to see him again...just once.
    Anonymous