car seat upgrade...

my youngest will be 1 in july.. time for a forward facing carseat.. my oldest is jsut 3 and had the Alpha Omega Eliete... we love this car seat... we were thinking about getting another for my soont o be 1 year old.. but heres are delema..

the AOE... harnesses until40lbs and 43inches.... hes 3 and 30lbs and 37inches... we want him harnessed until he is atleast 5... do you think he will be able to stay in this seat until then?

or should we look for a new one for him? if so what band?

we have tried sitting him ina few and taking test drives.. he ahtes the graco natulas, and the biatrax ones.. so what other options are there? our buget is under $200....

2cuteboysrmine

Asked by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:17 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• I just bought a Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 convertible car seat on sale for $110, normally $180. It goes from rear facing to forward facing to a booster seat up to 100 pounds.

http://www.albeebaby.com/eddie-bauer-convertible-car-seats.html

The reviews weren't the greatest but that's mainly because 50% of the people said it was difficult to put in. We just got it the other day, but it doesn't look too difficult, and if I have problems I'm going to take it to the PD or FD to check it out and help me.

Anonymous

• Compass True Fit. Although, it sounds like safety is a concern for you, so you may want to consider leaving him rear facing. In that case, you might not need a seat yet, and you might find in a year or so, he'd fit differently in some of the other forward facing seats.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:24 PM on May. 26, 2009

• no saftey si a concern but we ff as soon as they meet the hight and weight requirements.....

actually i was looking at the new AOE's and they harness to 50lbs sooo we might just get a new one of those... we really love the seat...

BTW its made by the sam,e ppl as teh eddie bauer,,,
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:28 PM on May. 26, 2009

• If safety is truly a concern, I do recommend you ask a certified car seat technician what their opinion would be.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:22 PM on May. 26, 2009