What should I do?

There is a girl that i have known for a long time she is my ex-boyfriend's bestfriend's wife. It just also happens that my husbands best friend is her BIL and my husbands family is good friends with her inlaws. So here's the problem she is constantly talking sh*t about me and I am sick of it. I always find out about what she is saying and I try to put it behind me but I am sick of being the bigger person. The most recent thing she said is that I am a bad mother because " Lacy never has her son" because she went over to my MIL's the other day and my son was there. When I first met my husband she went around telling everyone that I was a "gold digger", then she was saying that I don't keep a" clean house and that i am a slob". What should i do I can't stand this bi*ch saying this crap anymore but I don't want to alienate myself from her inlaws.

Lacymarie

Asked by Lacymarie at 3:26 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Not much you can do ecept just ignore it or stay away from these other people. Unless you just want to start a bigger fight with her but that will just prove her point. Just try your best to prove her wrong and eventually they will see she is lying and not trust her or believe her anymore. One of those if you give her enough rope she will hang herself situations. Just keep a smile on your face and let her hang herself. Not the easiest thing to do but in the long run will be best for you and your family.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:43 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Show cares in the long run? Seriously? This isn't high school and "rumors" dont' matter. if you truly are a good mom and doing a good job then those that KNOW you know that and it really doesn't matter what she thinks. For example, if someone calls me a "ho" I could care less because it's not true. Those that know me know it's not true. So, they can call me it all they want
    Anonymous

• That is basically what I have done I have tried to kill her with kindness, i have invited her to get togethers been nice to her and even looked the other way when her son (4) almost smashed my son (6 mons) in the head . Those that know me know better, however this crap has been going on since highschool and I am getting much to old for this crap. She doesn't just talk about me she talks about her all of her inlaws and is just a pain in everyone's butt but no one wants to cause any problems so we all just let it slide so apparently she thinks she can continue to get away with it.
    Lacymarie

Answer by Lacymarie at 4:02 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would let it go, as hard as it is. Let her appear to be the nut job to your IL's not the other way around. If you start getting hysterical and bashing back then they will think you are looney too. It is never easy being the bigger person. "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:13 PM on May. 26, 2009

• she is obviously insecure about her own life, or else she wouldn't be talking smack. she is doing it to make herself feel better. just ignore it. you know who you are, and her talking smack is never going to change that.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:29 PM on May. 26, 2009