How come no one likes my name?

It's Edna I have heard all my life "that is an old ladies name."

Yea I was named after my grandmother and she was a wonderful person. I have only met three other Edna's and they were young women like me, who were also named after a family member.

It is an oldfashioned family name and I love it.

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 3:44 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a great aunt Edna. The sister of my Great Gram. I loved her. She lived in this big ole brick house out in the country. She had a grand stair case in the house right out of Gone With the Wind. She had a bird in her living room that would talk and sing. She lived in an orchard. I used to love hearing we were going for a visit. Oh the hours I spent climbing trees, avoiding bees and eating peaches, pears, and apples till I was ready to burst. I have always associated that name with pleasant things. It is old fashioned and I have never known any one but her with it...until now.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:05 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I like it. but then again I like "old fashion" names
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:45 PM on May. 26, 2009

• good if you like your name. i dont like it but it will not make any different to me or you, you will still be Edna:)
    Anonymous

• It reminds me of old rotton cheese
    Anonymous

• It's a very old, old fart name
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 3:50 PM on May. 26, 2009

• it's just an ugly name sorry, get mad at your mother for naming you that, she must be a cruel person
    Anonymous

• My mother is a wonderful person, your mother should be ashamed she raised a rude selfish daughter like you.

Don't talk about my family. Insult me all you want but don't ever talk about my mother
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 3:58 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Well.............. she gave you that name, so blame her, not us for not liking it
    Anonymous

• At least she didn't name you Hildagard or Gertude..........I thing those names are a little worse.
    Anonymous

• If you like it, it doesn't matter what others think. In five years, it may be the hot new baby name. Some of the popular names now were frown upon as ugly and old-fashioned not too many years ago.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:01 PM on May. 26, 2009