Did anyone shower in the hospital after giving birth?

The last thing I wanted to do is stand up while in the hospital bc of the stitches..did anyone else not shower??

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 3:47 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did, forgot my shampoo, and had to use icky hospital soap
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:49 PM on May. 26, 2009

• the last thing I wanted to do was leave the bed LOL it soooooo painful standing up for the first time. but the second day in the hospital I felt a little better and the shower felt very good! just standing under the warm water felt fantastic!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:49 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Did you have stitches from a c-section, or an episiotome? I had an episiotome and didnt shower till late that day (from 4 am to about 8 pm) with my first but my 2nd I was in the shower about an hour afterwards, his was an easy birth. My daughter though it was that evening. I liked to put my own clothes back on as early as possible too, so that was a big motivator.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:50 PM on May. 26, 2009

• No...I was in too much pain to even THINK about showering! In fact, I didn't leave my room at all while I was checked into the hospital! I came to the maternity ward in a wheelchair, and that's how I left.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• you bet I did! showers always make me feel better.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i showered...not right away though
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 3:53 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have had 2 c-sections and am going to have another one in Sept. That first shower after birth was the best shower ever! To feel clean and the warm water were the best! Yes my stitches/staples hurt, but with my husband's support and help, I was able to take the shower.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 3:54 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Yea I took showers all three times and I got up and walked around as much as i could.

Nothing keeps me down ha ha.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 3:56 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I showered the second I got a chance to. It felt soooo nice. My stiches didn't really bother me.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:56 PM on May. 26, 2009

• That is the first thing I wanted to do. If they had the baby for tests or what not, then I wanted a shower, made me feel human again, and I wore comfy clothes, no pj's. The best thing ever was getting ready to leave and bending to tie my shoes and actually being able to reach my shoes after almost a whole year.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:01 PM on May. 26, 2009