IS it too early to be showing?

I am three month pregnant, and i all of a sudden look (5months?) I love my mother to death , but she has always down-talkedwhat i go thru, so asking her didn't help. i am stating to show, like i have a serious belly.... i was excited and told my mom, and i told her that i was starting to show and she said, no it's too early and is going around telling everyone "i had to tell her that she is gaining cause she is eating too much, it's not baby." i just want to know, is it really too early?

My stomach is starting to get tight and everyone else says "wow you got bigger in the last few days...." i know i sound silly like a teenager(which i am not) but i just really would like to know... is this normal?

bipolar_nanny

Asked by bipolar_nanny at 3:54 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im around the same as you and I show. People in stores have mentioned it and my friends can tell. But my mother was the same way. She looked pregnant with me and my sister at 2 months haha
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:57 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I think I went through the same thing. I was just looking through my pregnancy pics the other day while I was organizing them all on the comp and I noticed that the beginning of my 3rd month and end of my 3rd month pics looked like they were 2 months apart. I grew considerably in that month! Plus everybody grows at different rates. Some people don't show until their 6th month(give or take) and some show almost right away!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 4:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i started to show at 8 weeks it just depends on where you are carrying the baby. and every woman will tell you something different too about how big or small tyou are lol. i have women that come up to me and say oh youre so tiny! and the same day ill have someone else tell me i look like im about ready to pop. if my mom was tellin people that i was gaining too much weight during my pregnancy i would take the opportunity to use the 'raging hormones' excuse on her lol. =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:02 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have always been a small girl, I didn't make it far in my pregnancy unfortunately but at the 8 week mark I had gained 7 pounds, I can live off junk and not gain so I definately know it was baby wise. My friend isn't due for two more months and she looks like she's expecting any day so what I'm getting at is everyone is different.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 4:02 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I'm 14 weeks today and in the last couple of weeks I can tell my belly has gotten a lot bigger. I keep telling my husband that I hate how I look now b/c people can't tell I'm pregnant, I just look fat .lol It just depends on your body type and I think also if it's your second pregnancy.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 4:21 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Yes. As long as you aren't eating double of what you normally did and still went for walks or swiming, or anything pregnancy safe you are fine. Remember your baby needs less than a fistful of food, their tummies are very little.I'm sorry your mother brings down your self esteem
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 5:38 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Why do Mom's do that? lol Mine said it was just fat but strangers will come up and ask to rub my belly and im only 13 weeks. If You feel it and people are mentioning it to you then obviously you are.
    Sunnysmileyme

Answer by Sunnysmileyme at 10:38 AM on May. 27, 2009