Floor Damage From Heels?

I know stilettos are supposed to have a thin heel but the ones I got from Aldo have an insanely sharp/thin heel and I noticed when I wore them to a friend's graduation party that they left a few knicks/dinks in the wood. I apologized to my friend who was very understanding and said that wasn't the first time that had happened and that she should have sent out a request saying no thin heels, please. Anyone else have this happen with their high heels? I felt bad as I thought I was just trying to be fashionable and never thought about this happening. She had a good sense of humor about it saying she could see where I had been. Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It used to happen to me all the time. I wear heels more than anything else and i did in high school also. My mom got to the point where i had to take my shoes off at the door before i came in because the floor started to look so bad because of it lol. Its true that you never think about it but it does show when its wood floors but usually it dosnt matter because of it being tile carpet or lynolium(spelling is way wrong but i think u get it lol)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My sister tore up the linoleum in her kitchen wearing heels like that. Linoleum is crap and tears easily. Even stepping on a pebble in a tennis shoes will tear it. I ask people to please remove their shoes at the door in my house. I also keep a big basket of new socks so they can slip on a pair if they are barefooted or do not want to run hose or whatever.
    Anonymous