I am underweight and pregnant. How should I gain weight?

I am 5'9" and 125 lbs. I am only 12 weeks along but concerned because i find gaining weight very difficult. i dont have the best eating habits. i really hate eating meat. what sort of foods and exercise should i be implimenting? How much am i supposed to be eating? any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• eat when your hungry if your like me and are never hungry you have to force yourself..
    try to stick with 3 meals a day with 3 snacks.. as for the meat if you eat more peanuts and things with protine you dont HAVE to eat meat. just make sure you get what the recomended amount of protine a day you should be fine
    Anonymous

• I had a trouble gaining weight in my pregnancy due to mornning sickness and my doc just told me to eat carbs...like potato's, spaghetti, ect....
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 4:19 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have always been underweight and i was told that i dont need to try to gain weight. It will happen. At first i lost more weight because of the morning sickness and had to be hospatilized because of dehydration but after the sickness stopped i started to gain and they said that i was gaining healthy weight. Im still under but they said that my diet and weight gain was on track for being pregnant. Eat when your hungry. I dont eat much meat unless its in spaghetti sause and me and the baby are healthy. But if your that worried about it talk to your doctor about healthy ways to gain weight and what you should change your diet to. congrats on your pregnancy and hope all goes well!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:37 PM on May. 26, 2009

• im roughly the same size as you 5'10 135 (befor pregnancy) and with my first i gained 50 lbs throughout, and this one so far im 30 weeks along and ive gained about 35lbs. i didnt do anything different, i got super hungry in the end of the first trimester and just ate whatever the baby wanted me to eat, i mean, i didnt go nuts with junk food or anything, but i definately wasnt concerned about caloric intake. to replace meat snack on peanuts and eat some more beans, and maybe even protein shakes. they might fill you up a little but if you are anything like me there was no stopping my hunger sometimes lol. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:39 PM on May. 26, 2009