Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do...

Well I have a son hes about to be three and im 29 weeks pregnant.My baby's dad is in jail and got kicked out of the army.So im not getting any healthcare starting this week.To top it off I was doing fine until my job fired me due to economy problems.Now no one really is hiring and places ive applied at are looking for long term employess and wount hire me cause im pregnant.So now I dont know what to do...I have to pay for rent,my car,Im running out of money for food for my son and me,and to top it off im in a high risk pregnancy...Nobody seems to want to help me.What can I possibly do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • File for unemployment if you were "laid off" or get welfare

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on May. 26, 2009

  • I'm sorry but I have no way to answer this question for you and I don't have much advice all I can say is that you need to hope and pray for the best and things will work out for you.

    Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 4:15 PM on May. 26, 2009

  • Go to your local DSHS (or DHS) office and see what they can do for you. Go get on WIC. Apply for a job everywhere you can even if its just fast food or walmart or whatever. Don't think that you are too good for any job. Take anything you can get. Check with medicaid for medical stuff. Think about moving to a cheaper house or apartment. If you are making car payments, sell your car and just buy a used car just good enough to get you place to place safely. That way you cut down on car payments and insurace since you only have to have liability insurance on a car that is totally paid off. Go see about getting on unemployment. There is alot you can do, don't just sit around feeling sorry for yourself, I know it can get overwhelming. Also some churches help needy families with food, and you can see if there is an angel food ministries where you live too.

    Answer by AprilDJC at 4:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

  • go to social services and apply for everything like food-stamps,pregnacy medicad a you might quilify for TANF.Also check out this website about the food they take food-stamps.

    Answer by Tia23sb at 4:28 PM on May. 26, 2009

  • I am not sure where you are located, but in CA we have this number 211 you can call and they can help guide you to the right place. I wish I could help more. Good Luck to you!

    Answer by SonjaSC at 5:03 PM on May. 26, 2009

  • It is illegal to not hire someone because she is pregnant. It is not even legal for someone to ask you about your pregnancy. If you have been discriminated against, you need to file a claim with the EEOC (equal employment opportunity commission); they are a government agency, and they can help.

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:53 PM on May. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.