Whats the best way to potty trian a boy? espeacilly with a boy that has special needs he has PDD.

My son is three years old and I've been trying to potty train him. I have to keep constantly asking him if he has to go since he can't talk. The only way he answers me is by him shaking his head or knotting his head.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make him excited about it! We threw a few cheerios or something in the toilet and told my nephew to aim and sink them. He liked it! he learned fast
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:16 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Don't ask. Just sit him on it or stand him in front of it and ask him to try.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:26 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I left off....take him every 30 minutes or so and have him try. Eventually, the routine of it will help him and he will go.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:33 PM on May. 26, 2009

• first let me ask where u live? if u live in the country its easier to potty them. the way i tought my stepson would be inappropiate to post on here but it worked for my cousins boys (she has 4 of them) and it worked for cayden
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Don't know what PPD is, but my son was in speech therapy so he doesn't talk clearly. We sit him on the pot every hour, use positive reinforcement and shaping, he'll figure it out. Or unless he's not ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 27, 2009