Wondering about your experiences with colic.

I wonder if my baby has/had colic. If yours did, what were his/her symptoms? HOw long did it last? I know about the standard definition (the crying for 3 hrs. for 3 weeks) but I hear some colicky babies aren't limited to the same time everyday. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was mainly fussy at night. As soon as the sun went down, the crying started. The only thing that would keep him from crying is the washing machine trick.
    My daughter was fussy sometimes throughout the day. She would fuss anywhere from an hour to 6 hours. I was so tired by the end of the day. But it only lasted about a week. the doctor gave me the medicine for colic and it soothed her. I usually had to put her belly on my knee and bounce her. I also had to mix mylicon with her formula bottle every night for about a month. (directed by doc).
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:35 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Mine was fussy at night as well. He'd cry anywhere from 1 to 2 1/2 hours before bed. It lasted from about a month old until he was 5 months or maybe even 6 months. I just switched his formula to the enfamil gentlease, he was put on some stuff for acid reflux, we used a lot of mylicon drops as well. ALTHOUGHT THEY SAY NOT TO, and i'm not telling you to do so, but my son would ONLY sleep on his stomach, that's the only way he'd sleep all night. So we let him. He didn't have a mattress, he had this the one that was just the sheet so they could still breathe... if u don't know what i mean u can msg me. But yeah, it worked great.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 5:09 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My son had ALL DAY Colic - no specific times like some others experienced-- it started when he was 3 days old til the day he turned 5 months old. started with 14 hours a day of uncalmable crying - where nothing worked, I would rock and bounce and drive for up to 3-4 hours at a time til he fell asleep, which ended up being an added issue due to the severity of the colic. You can email me anytime about anything and how you are feeling. its overwhelmingly difficult to deal with and so many feelings, at least in my case came with it.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:10 PM on May. 26, 2009