Sleeping in our bed

I know that im totally to blame for this but ever since my one month old came home from the hospital she has slept in bed with is at night on a pillow in between me an my husband and now she wont sleep in her bassinet at night.She'll sleep in their during the day but not at night.Shell lay in our bed at night at stare at us to make sure were their and if she notices were not their she'll freak out.Please help,I'd like to have my bed back lol

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 4:39 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, my daughter slept with us until she was 8 wks. She refused the bassinet altogether. She transitioned to the crib at 8 weeks. It was very difficult and involved a lot of crying but I persisted. At first she napped in it and then did a whole night eventually. When she would wake up crying, I just rocked her back. We did this over and over again. Sometimes we let her CIO. I still rock her to bed every night (she's 11 weeks).
    Anonymous

• I should add that it wasn't until 8 weeks that this was even an option. I tried and tried for the first few weeks to no avail. She would literally cry for hours if I let her. I think she wasn't ready for it yet, your daughter may not be, but don't give up. You may just have to give it a rest and try when she gets a bit older. I wasn't comfortable letting my one-month old cry for too long, but once she gained some weight and I knew she was healthy I felt better about it. We started with napping in it, so you're already halfway there.
    Anonymous

• CIO is not recomended for children under 6 months. You could rock your baby to sleep first and then put her in there and if she wakes up just repeat. I let DD transition herself at 2.5 years and I'm so glad I didn't make more poor baby go through that when she was tiny.
    Anonymous

• thats another thing the cribs not set up and we have no where to put it right now
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 4:48 PM on May. 26, 2009

• just keep trying, but like i said, she may not be ready for it. i do'n't think they form habits this early, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    Anonymous

• I went through the same thing (day and night off and on) well I just kept putting her in her crib to take naps and at night I would put her in her crib just to see how long she would last then eventually she got more used to it, but sometimes she just wanted to be close to me. Even at one month a baby is used to being close to mom, and needs that contact, I don't see nothing wrong with the baby sleeping with the parents (just be cautious).
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My son still sleeps with me cause I can only afford a one bedroom(its only me)and it is very small I wish that i could afford a bigger one so he can have his own bedroom
    Bigguysmomma

Answer by Bigguysmomma at 5:16 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i tried getting DD into her crib at a few weeks (shes 11 ms now) but i dont want to force her so i put her pack and play next to my bed and let her sleep there as long as she wants and when she wakes in the middle of night i let her sleep with me. sometimes she stays all night others by the time im ready for bed she wants me, ill let her decide when shes ready
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:21 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Do you have the bassinet right next to the bed so that you can reach over and touch her? If you are going to have her in your bed then you need to learn to so it safely, to start with that means DO NOT put her on a pillow. Check out Family Bed Safety

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:43 PM on May. 26, 2009

• hmm that is a problem once they get older. my son slept with me until he was 3yr old..it was difficult cutting him off....
    Lawrencelezmom

Answer by Lawrencelezmom at 2:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009