If your Grandpa molested you would you add him on your family tree?

I want to make a family tree thing for my son's scrapbook But i'm not sure whether or not i want to add my grandpa because he molested me. Would you add him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This issue is deeper than putting him on a family tree. Everyone's geneology includes persons who hurt us or others. He is a part of the "family tree". However, if you have "pruned" him out, and you feel like your son isn't aware enough to ask some questions, then I'd say it is up to you. But whether you put him on or not, really isn't the issue. You will still look at that empty place and remember. Perhaps you have never given yourself a chance to deal with how this affects your life. Maybe you could call a First Step place for free counseling. You have carried this burden alone long enough. I am sorry that happened to you. You didn't deserve it. No one does.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:49 PM on May. 26, 2009

• He is part of the family no matter what so I would
    Anonymous

• I'd MENTION his name or something because your son has a right to know where he came from. But there's no need to add much about him...he's just THERE.
    Anonymous

• I agree. you have to add him you dont have much choice. he's a part of the tree.
    But you dont need to have a biography written up for him or anything lol.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:46 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Exactly. You can't choose your family -- they are who they are. A family tree is something precious. I know what happened to you was a nightmare that never should've been... but truth be told.. in a generation or two, nobody will remember. Nobody will be around to remember... and your decscendents will have a big hole there & not know why.

My grandfather murdered my grandmother... in front of the kids. He died long before I was born, but I still know who he was because my family didn't erase him from our history.
    Anonymous

• Put him on, That is allyou need to do. YOu don't need to put anything other then that.
    Anonymous