Do they call your kid something than his or her name??

my MIL cause my son " jesse joe" and his name id "jeese burl" or "jb" for short.. it drives me nuts, cause my hubbys siter named her kid "sammie joe" and my MIL just wont stop!!! i hate it when she says it, it gets me right under the skin.. Anyone else??

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:56 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• OH YES!! and I let my MIL know I was not happy, when my husband and I first got together she called me Angela "mae" not my name, and I let her know it well when we had our daughter she started calling her Skylar "mae" or Skylar "sue" her name is Skylar Renee for a reason, so I got on to her for that now my son was born HUnter Ray and she just calls him "boy" oh that woman pisses me off but I think she does it on purpose
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 6:15 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My husband's aunt calls my daughter Matty (my husband's name is Matt). Her name is Olivia, and she favors my husband a great deal. She always asks me why I didn't name her that instead. It drives me crazy, but we live half way across the country from his family, so I just grin and bare it. Did your SIL have her son before you did. Maybe MIL is used to saying Joe, so she does it without thinking when she says your son's name? Just a thought.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:04 PM on May. 26, 2009

• People at school call my son Lucas. He is and will always be Luke. Lucas just isn't his name and when other Moms do it, I find it incredibly disrespectful. I say, "It's Luke."
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:12 PM on May. 26, 2009

• my dd's name is josie & i hate when ppl call her joZEE it's not pronounced that way, and my hudband calls her jojo & that drives me crazy too
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:14 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I am naming my baby (due in July) Gabriella- people have already begun to call her Gabby, which i don't mind-
    BUT When i was student teachign i had a student named Gabby (Gabriella) who told me that in third grade they expected them to know their full name to log into the computer- she was so confused because she thought her full name was Gabby, and had never been called Gabriella...

My husband and i will call her Gabriella, others can call her Gabby if they want, won't kill us.

LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

• we call aiden all sorts of nicknames. everyone called im binkie when he was a baby now its shoo shoo or roo.
    aidensema

Answer by aidensema at 5:46 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My son is Nicholas, but we call him Nico. One time a friend of mine tried calling him Nicky, and I put a stop to that right away. I said you can call him Nicholas, or Nico or even Nick if you must, but don't ever call my son Nicky. He's 5 now, and know that his name is Nicholas, because I use his full name whenever I get frustrated with him. He wont have that same problem that Gabby had, from LuckyClowns reply.

My other son is Lucas, and I refuse to let anyone call him anything other than Lucas. When my husband and I decided on that name, I told him he could never be Luke, or Leu, and especially not Leuie. My sister likes to call him Loci, but she lives in another state, and hardly sees him, so it's not that big a deal.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 5:57 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have a daughter named Elexa and I hate when people call her Alex...her name isn't Alexa it's Elexa...pronounced like elle x a...I ususally call her Lex for short. I have a son named Lucas and Luke is okay with me although I usually call him Lucas. Nathan is always Nathan although some close friends call him Nate sometimes which is okay. Lorelai is Lorelai...plain and simple...my MIL calls her Lie Lie sometimes and I hate it...but she doesnt do it often. I do not call her Rory like from Gilmore Girls...but every once in a while she gets called Lore...This one coming in September is gonna be named Justine...I will shoot the person that calls her Justin....I can't even think of any nicknames for that name...which is a good thing.
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 6:41 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My daughter is Victoria, and she has an assortment of nicknames!

Miss Mae (her middle name is Mae)
    Vic
    Boombee
    Meema
    Vic-Mae (dad calls her that sometimes)
    Baby boo-boos (another daddy nickname)

So long as she isn't called "Vicky"!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My son's name is Tucker and his nurses in the NICU and the RTs also called him Tuck or Tuck Tuck...I've never called him that, it just doesn't fit for me. But I loved the fact that they were close enough to him to call him that, they loved him and that was enough for me. My nickname for him is Bug, just because he was a 26 weeker and he was small like a little bug. (Lovebug to be exact) That's my nickname and only my nickname for him...no one else calls him that but me. I guess nicknames just don't bother me because I'm so grateful he's here with me...he very easily could have left me a few times.
    tuckersmommy22

Answer by tuckersmommy22 at 1:06 AM on May. 27, 2009