STARTING TO LOOK FOR BIRTH CONTROL IDEAS NEED SO ADVICE!!

I WAS ON THE SHOT BEFORE I GOT PREGO.... I WAS ON IT WAY TO LONG AND IT TOOK ME A YEAR TO HAVE A PERIOD AFTER I STOPED IT SO I WANT SOMETHING THAT WILL KEEP ME FROM GETTING PREGO AGAIN RIGHT AWAY BUT IF WE DECIDE TO TRY I WANT SOMETHING THATS NOT GONNA TAKE FOREVER TO GET OUT OF MY SYSTEM. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

momma2beat21

Asked by momma2beat21 at 5:13 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try the pill or the patch
    jak89

Answer by jak89 at 5:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I'm on Alese, it's a nice pill that doesn't have too much estrogen in it and it takes about one month after your period to be out of your system.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 5:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would look up and read all the information you can on the mirena. it is an IUD that goes in effect the moment you get it. although you must wait about 48 hours after it is implanted to have sex. but it can cause ovarian cyst,which i have one the size of a golf ball but the doc said it should dissolve on its own. it also doesn't stop you from ovulating. it just thins the lining of your uterus to prevent an egg latching on the wall. I just found out about that part of it and I am a little confused about it myself. apparently it causes your body to "naturally" abort the fertilized egg. You should read about it and decide yourself. It lasts for five years and you should be able to get pregnant as soon as you have it removed. here is a website...http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/contraceptive_ius_000244.htm
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:26 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I use the Nuva ring. It releases progesterone. You insert it vaginally, and it stays in for three weeks, then you remove it for a week (this is when you get your period) then after that week is complete you insert another one. I had to only be off of this for a month before I got pregnant. I have used it for years, and really like it. It is easy and you don't have to take a pill daily. You can leave it in during sex, or take it out for up to three hours at a time.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:28 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Get a diaphram. No homones, no side effects, no safety issues at all.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• 5 or 10 YEAR IUD. Its awesome. For me it almost completely elimanted my period too.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 5:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I love my Mirena IUD. I have no period now, which is GREAT! I did have a lot of spotting for the first four months, but it is gone now. Also I had some acne, which has cleared up.
    I have had less migraines too, which is not a side effect that I have heard of, but a nice one none the less. I have suffered migraines since puberty, and the pill made them worse for me. Since I have had the Mirena 14 months, I have had three migraines, whereas before I usually had four-six a month.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:45 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I was REALLY sensitive to the small amount of hormone with the Morena.. I felt like the sun had gone out of my life.. so I had it removed and switched to the 10 year/no hormone IUD.. I love it!! NO hormones means no moods swings and I could get pregnant tomorrom if I removed it. It's there all the time so no worries about forget to take a pill or insert a ring or swap a patch.. I all of those things are good if you are consistent with them. plus.. My friend is on the Morena and is getting cysts.
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 6:06 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I used iud it worked great. i took it out and 2 months later i was finding out i was having a lil one! it is good for 5 years and i didn't have my monthly friend eather major plus!! hoped this helped
    littlemoma520

Answer by littlemoma520 at 6:30 PM on May. 26, 2009