Atlantis. Do you believe it existed or is a myth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can believe that Atlantis was once a real place. There are trenches so deep in our ocean that we haven't been capable of exploring them, so who knows what we may eventually find down there? The pressure is so great in those trenches that it can collapse metal, so I can very well believe that things were lost and thats why we lack "proof" of its existence.

IMO myth has to come out of some sort of reality...those that continue to be in our minds again and again, can not simply be thrown out as complete falsehoods. In order to thrive through generations, it has to be based (even in a small way) in fact.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:59 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I think it existed.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:24 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Oh it sooooo existed for sure. How else were the pyramids and Sphinx made?

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 5:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I believe it existed 100%... But that doesn't make it more than a myth. Again, as I covered in another question. Myth simply means unproven to non-believers... I think Atlantis falls in to that category!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't know enough about it to form an opinion.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• sure why not? there were lots of islands that have been covered by the sea so why not
    jak89

Answer by jak89 at 5:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• There are a lot of different theories about it, and I believe it existed. I also believe in UFOs and bigfoot. Seriously. =)
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:28 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Not sure. Maybe it did,and maybe it didn't. Hmm.....
    Anonymous

• Sabrina makes a great point. Just because someone believes in something doesn't mean it isn't still a myth. I guess I should have stated that I believe in the myth of Atlantis.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree with Sabrina.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:33 PM on May. 26, 2009