Jon & Kate....what do you think??

I was reading some comments on MSN and just wondered what the reaction you mothers have towards this whole ordeal. Some of us know from a personal standpoint how hard it is to be so dedicated to your family and then have to deal with the parrells of a cheaping spouse, this affects the family but most of all the kids that are left to deal with the reality once the smoke has been cleared. What is your opinion on this?

mommy2_twins

Asked by mommy2_twins at 5:26 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it's terrible that years from now when the children are grown they can look back and see the ugliness of the truth aired out for the whole nation to see. I think that he was kind of ignorant in thinking he could get away with cheating since there's always people watching...he's a well known person in their area, I'm sure!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• She's such a snot, I'm surprised he's put up with her this long. I don't agree with exploiting your children for money which is what they are doing.

Anonymous

• cheating is wrong and I feel bad that the children will ahve to see all the details. but I have to say she is an ass! The way she treats him, and the way they both seem to not consider their choices on their kids irritates me alot.And now they both whine abut being in the tabloids-wth did they expect? This is america and fame brings lots of joys but eventually we turn on celebrities. Especially ones who act like their lives are so freakin perfect, its like we relish that they are failing. Poor kids, they really need to stop taping the show till this is all over. Shame on them for complaining abotu attn they get but not stopping the circus. Proves how much they really care about each other and the kids right?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:35 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I feel terrible for the family. I don't know if the rumors are true... but the gossip around this is causing stress for this poor family that is already overwhelmed.
    And if it is true... I can't imagine having my personal life like that out in the public. I know they signed up to do the TV show (which I love watching) but things like this should be private.
    If they make it out of this still married I'll be shocked.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I've never watched the show, but from the clips/excerpts I've seen, their shoulder shrugging "matter of factness" over this whole cheating scenario, has me thinking it is all an elaborate RATINGS STUNT!

Would YOU be so "matter of fact" if it were you and your husband...camera or not?! If it was TRULY a private family matter, I would NOT be chatting it up with every magazine or news or talk show that called me about it! And what about their children?!

I swear they are going to go through the motions and either work it out or have already divorced, but the viewers can watch and "enjoy" their struggle in the name of entertainment. For people claiming to want to protect their family, they're sure making a mockery of the situation...true or not!

Oh, and just look at all of the press these two have had in the past few weeks, when prior to that you had only the occasional mention of them or their show.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:44 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree... I think she treats him like he's a child, but he's allowed it also! I try and empathize with the whole situation being I am a mom of multipules (no where near that many though) and I myself get caught up in being a parent and I see how one can neglect the little things that lead to the destruction of a marriage and or relationship. However, they put themselves and their kids in a difficult spot. The money is so great, that he quit his job and now what?!? The people have basically turned on them. I agree with the comments that we turn on celebrities, we love to hate them but love to see them rise again. It's weird, fans are fickle but I just hate that the kids have to be apart of such an adult world in such a way, it's sad but not anymore than what we may put our own children through! My SO and I have disagreements and sometimes in front of the kids (which must stop)! What a prediciment!
    mommy2_twins

Answer by mommy2_twins at 5:48 PM on May. 26, 2009

• When I was watching the show last night, you just had a different feel for the family. The way Kate and Jon acting towards each other. They didn't look at each other at all. I don't remember which little girl it was but hearing her say "don't leave daddy" was hard to hear. I honestly think that they need to work on them and stop doing the show. Kate's wearing all these nice clothes, they have a huge house with tons of stuff, Jon's driving a nice car...
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 6:54 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I watched the show a few times... but I never liked Kate. She always got on my nerves and was constantly talking down to her husband.... That's no excuse for cheating (if he did)... but I didn't watch the show because she just ground on my nerves.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:16 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Do you realize that since they aired they are now making such a grand income from the publicity that they don't have to work. Ya she promotes her books and childrens clothing but Jon no longer works and hasn't had to for 2 yrs.. because of us the viewers we have just paid their bills!! And their house is 1.1 million dollars!!! I find this a little bit disturbing and sad lol.. plus now they are finding it hard to hold it together wth.. they have a great life lovely kids and they don't have to work who in their right mind would not be happy!

I see their next season as being lets see how well Jon & Kate can HIDE the truth.. it won't be the same ugh..
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 7:47 PM on May. 26, 2009