My almost three month old son always had a rash under his chin.

He gets a rash in the folds of his neck under his chin. We try to dry it up as much as possible because he sweats there making it worse and persistent. It started with dry skin so we put lotion and oil to clear up the dry skin. Now we are putting baby powder there trying to clear it up.

What else can I do to help clear out this rash? We're having such a hard time since it is in the folds of his neck and not some place that can be aired out. It seems to be bothering him.
:(

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 5:32 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine just went through the same thing. She was getting the rash from the wetness of milk and spit up....Aquaphor by Eucerin is amazing. It's made especially for babies skin that's dry, cracked or irritated. You can find it down your baby care isle or regular skin care isle in a grocery store or walmart/ target. I made sure that I cleaned my baby's face with a warm wet cloth, no soap, and then patted dry with a towel and put the Aquaphor on after that. I did that 2-3 times a day and within a couple of days you will see a BIG difference. It also protects the skin from new wetness, can be used for diaper rashes, or in the winter when the cheeks tend to dry out! Amazing product!
    Xansmom00

Answer by Xansmom00 at 8:07 PM on May. 26, 2009

• maybe try diaper rash cream, i don't know if it will work but its worth a try. good luck
    jak89

Answer by jak89 at 5:34 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It's probably a drool rash from spit and milk. Best thing to do is keep it clean and dry. Make sure you do a really good cleaning once a day. And if he is drooling a lot or is a messy eater put him in bibs so you can change them frequently to keep him dry.
    My son had this too... and I found that creams and stuff only make it worse
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:35 PM on May. 26, 2009

• ya my 2 month old son has the same prob right now keep folds clean and dry if he spits up a lil immediately change his clothes and clean under his neck
    sxyliljoker19

Answer by sxyliljoker19 at 5:37 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I recently took my two month old daughter for a check up with her doctor and she had the rash under her chin and the doctor noticed it she then gave me a priscription for that type of rash. Ask you doctor about it.
    lizcyn

Answer by lizcyn at 5:42 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Both my kids would get that when they started teething. I just resorted to putting a bib on them and checking it several times a day.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 5:53 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Take him to the doctor. Ours had a rash and we had to get nystatin for it
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 5:57 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My son had the same rash, the areas within the folds were very raw and red. I tried diaper rash cream however it didn't really help it too much. What worked best for us was plain old vaseline, keeping the area as clean as possible after feedings.
    myakita3

Answer by myakita3 at 6:04 PM on May. 26, 2009