When do they usually strip your membranes?

I'm 37 weeks almost 38 weeks at my next appt and I was wondering if anyone had their membranes stripped at this time.... My son is already almost 8 lbs and I wanna get things going! Thanks!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 5:34 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• MY DOCTOR STRIPPED MY MEDBRANES WITH MY DAUGHTER I WAS ALMOST 39 WEEKS AND WHEN SHE STRIPPED EM I WENT IN TO LABOR THAT NIGHT
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 5:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• don't fully rely on ultrasound measurements for the weight of your baby. they said my baby was going to weigh 9 pounds at 40 weeks. she was 7 pounds and 5 ounces at 40 weeks and 3 days when she was born. i wouldn't do unneccessary medical interventions. let your body do it's thing and be patient. i'm due in 5 days and extremely uncomfortable EVERYWHERE. ....and I'm waiting for when my baby is ready!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:43 PM on May. 26, 2009