child abuse?

Is it chid abuse if you are drinking alchol (example beer) while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• good question. Call 1 800 number for Child protection Services in your state and ask.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:42 PM on May. 26, 2009

• yes.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:44 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Yes. Even half a cup is too much for a growing child. It can really mess up their brains and develpment over long period of use.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 5:50 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Would you give beer to a newborn? Theres your answer NO
    Anonymous

• Legally it's not. There is no answer to how much alcohol causes fetal alcohol syndrome and or why some babies are affected and others are not. The only chance you have of being prosicuted is if you already have one or more children with Alcohol related issues...

But it's not something that is really a good idea... Because some children have been known to be born with Alcohol related issues with as much as one drink durring pregnancy and others drink daily durring pregnancy and have no issues at all...

It's a big game of russian rullet... with out the gun...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:13 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Also, because the fetus is not legally a person before it can live w/o the mother it can't legally be child abuse when there is no legal child involved!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:14 PM on May. 26, 2009

• umm yeah
    Anonymous

• No It's just fine if you want to end up with a baby with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome!!! Jesus! What kind of a question is that!!!! My sister has a friend who drank while she was pregnant with all 4 of her kids and they are all screwed up! It is the saddest thing I have ever seen!!! Why even risk it??? Oh!! damn I get worked up when I even think about it!! Sorry!
    Diana44

Answer by Diana44 at 7:11 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't know that it is legally considered child abuse, but I do think that it is wrong. It can cause so many problems when the child is born that can continue throughout their entire lives.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:11 PM on May. 26, 2009