is sadness normal during pregnancy?

I am 21 year old, and will be 36 weeks may 28, I really excited to be a mom dont get me wrong, but I do feel sad alot, and i never had that before being prego. I heard of the post pardom after u give birth but not before, has anyone experianced this, and will it go away once my hormones are back to normal.? I like being happy so this has been weird for me lol, perhaps it was just hormones change but i feel like i going to always feel down now... help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• any time hormones are involved emotions are as well. You are fine. It will pass soon.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:45 PM on May. 26, 2009

• yes it is normal, as your hormones are all over. But it can men a more serious case if: it continues for more than a few days at a time, to where you cannot function(get up, dont want to eat,) if you are having thoughts of hurting yourself, or thoughts of hurting your baby when it arrives....Please dont be embarassed to speak with your OB about this, they hear it often and its nothing to be ashamed about. The good news is, if it is post partum deppressiona nd not just the normal hormonal baby blues, there is alot of help available. medications, therapy...you will be ok hon, hang in there.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:49 PM on May. 26, 2009

• You will be fine. If it persists try talking to your Pastor, Parent or someone. I was a little sad when pregnant too. Its a big thing, your life is no longer your own. Your heart even, will no longer be in your body, it will be walking around in that precious child of yours.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 5:49 PM on May. 26, 2009

• yep when u are preggo you feeling are on a roller coaster!!
    Anonymous

• Toward the end of my first pregnancy, I went through this phase of not wanting the baby anymore. I'd look at her crib and her clothes and cry for hours because I didn't want her anymore. I talked to my mom about it and I talked to my OB about it. The minute I saw her little pruny face those feelings went away. She is my heart. It's perfectly normal, but like the others have said, if it lasts and gets worse, I'd definately talk to someone. It might not be a bad idea to talk to your OB now. Hang in there!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 8:49 PM on May. 26, 2009