Wow, I am learning something new everyday, and I am NOT happy. Read on if you dare...

Caught a glimpse of an instant message my 14 yr old daughter was typing to "bf", (whom we can't stand for good reasons, and who we limit exposure to) and at the end he types "It's all part of my plan" and she types "?", and he responds, "the one that ends with me eating a pineapple" and she types "??". No response, then we made her get off the computer. So, this AM I'm thinking, and it occurs to me that that meant something else, so I googled it and found that apparently eating a pineapple makes a man's semen taste better!! UGH!! She has NO idea what the heck he's saying, and he's obviously having a laugh at her expense. What a rude and nasty kid. Would you kill him or let him live?
If you have heard worse please make me feel better. Is this crap ever just talk? Are all boys like this? He's supposed to care about her, in her words! Any words of wisdom?

dflygirl7

Asked by dflygirl7 at 5:47 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Invite him over for dinner every night. Welcome him like a long lost son. Hug him! Tell him how much you enjoy having him in your home. Don't leave them unsupervised, though. You new affection towards him will confuse them both, and give her a chance to see him in a new light. She will be over him before you know it.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Do you really think she has no clue what he's talking about? It sounds like something they've discussed before.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:50 PM on May. 26, 2009

• well I think if you tell her what he means she will freak on you for being a nosy mom. But I might risk that to spare her because this kid is a jerk. He may seriously think that type of smut talk is sexy, teen boys can be idiots(mine is 14 lol).I can say tho that at least for my son, its all talk and to women directly he is respectful and kind. I am not blind I know he is interested in gorls and prolly says things that are inappropriate but it is talk in my experience. It comes down to your dd, will she give in to his idea of romantic talk? maybe talk with her about the responsibilities of beign sexually active and remind her what you and dad expect from her in regards to that.lol let him live...and the next time he comes over..stare into his eyes and offer him pinapple-he will get the hint.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:54 PM on May. 26, 2009

• oh and I love the pp idea of make him so welcome he is confused lol thats awesome lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:55 PM on May. 26, 2009

• rolling on floor

OFFER HIM PINEAPPLE!  Why didn't I think of that?!  That's awesome!

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:55 PM on May. 26, 2009

• and the next time he comes over..stare into his eyes and offer him pinapple-he will get the hint.

LOL
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 6:05 PM on May. 26, 2009

• First off you're making assumptions based off something you googled. He may not have meant it for that reason. I think its odd that it "ends" with him eating the pinapple. To make it taste good, shouldn't it "start" with him the pinapple? Just asking. Maybe he's really quirky and says totally random things(Like I do, and have been know to do). Maybe you should CHILL OUT and ask.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 6:12 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It seems to me that she knew what he was saying and was just playing dumb, like girls that age do. I would try the kill him with kindness, and offering pineapple. Tell him that your dh LOVES pineapple it doesn't effect the taste at all. lol It will sick them both out.
    If he is saying this it means they have either talked extensively about oral sex or she has tried giving him oral sex and didn't like the taste. I would have the sex talk and keep her away from him. Fourteen is too young for any kind of sex!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:16 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have to agree with the PP that mentioned killing him with kindness. And the pineapple offering... Perfect topper!
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 6:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Wow! I don't remember acting like that at 14! You're going to ave to keep an eye on her! I agree with the gross-out and IMMEDIATE sex talk! Kids are starting things earlier and earlier and unless you want to be a grandma in the next year or so, I would clamp down on her fast! She may hate you for a while, but she's a teenager that's what they do. Plus she'll hate you even more later in her life, if you let it go and do nothing.
    ShutterBug4Life

Answer by ShutterBug4Life at 6:26 PM on May. 26, 2009