If you have seen the DaVinci Code ..

What is your opinion on it?
I just finished Angels and Demons, and thought it made good points along with the first movie as well.
But back to it, do you think that it could be possible that Jesus had a wife,and there is a possible heir?
I think there is, and I also think it's one of the churches best kept secret .. I would love to really find out about alot of the stuff they have in the Vatican vaults =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe in Dan Brown's assertions at all. If you are interested in why I think it is just the stuff that makes for good fiction, you can read the info at this link. It will explain the early writings, the development of the cannon of Scripture, the idea that Scripture has been corrupted, the deity of Christ, and other ideas brought up in the story. "The Da Vinci Code Examined" 

One of my friends got all into it. She thought it could all be possible with Jesus and Mary M. but then she looked into the evidence and realized that it was a leap.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I was doing my Bible study the other day and looking into a relationship Jesus had with another woman named Mary. And I was wondering why people don't ever think He was married to her, the sister of Martha and Lazarus.

She sat at His feet and soaked in every word that came out of His mouth. She annointed Him with costly oil. She loved Him so much and He loved her.

I don't believe in any way that the Lord was married at all. But I just wonder why people point to the ugly old demon possesed woman, LOL.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• When I talk about the love of Jesus and women I am refering to a pure love. Not sexual at all.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:26 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Once again,Cinnamon-mom, GREAT points! You are really on a roll! LOL. I love the stories of Mary,the sister of Martha and Lazarus. Her listening to Jesus while Martha worked,and Jesus not admonishing her for it shows just how much value Jesus,and God place on women. As to the Da Vinci Code,and Angels and Demons, they are probably the biggest works of propaganda garbage to come down the pike in a long,long time. Have no interest whatsoever in seeing either one.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:27 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Of course he could have been married and most likely was; as well as having kids. He was a human being, nothing more, nothing less. He was an incredible human being, living the greatest examply of what we are all capable of in our lives; but it was others that put upon him the title of a "God".
    So yes, I believe he married and had a life of human caliber.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:40 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I loved it. I think it is a great alternative to really traditional thinking. I like things that really get me thinking though. I am open to it.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 6:42 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I liked the books as a work of fiction with half truths intertwined through it. No I do not believe Jesus had a wife.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:48 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I think he could have been married to Mary M. I mean, he wasn't just the son of God, he was a man as well. Not too much of a leap to think that he married and had a child. It could have been kept out of the scriptures. So to me - very possible.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 6:52 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have seen it. While it is not 100% truthful I think it brings up some great questions. I do believe that Jesus had a wife and most likely had children... It only makes sence. But more than most of what that movie brings out is fact but not in the context they placed it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:52 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Didnt read the book. Loved the movie and can totally believe Jesus married and even had kiddos.

I mean afterall, there was a lot of time unaccounted for basically in his life AND he was raised to be a good Jewish man and part of that would have been to marry,etc. I dont see why he'd live his life one way but reject one particular part of it when his life was about setting the example and being perfect. kwim?
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:57 PM on May. 26, 2009