meds for depression

im on wellbutrin. its been 3 weeks and i notice nothing should i stop it? how long does it take to work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know about that medication, but I am on anti depressents and it took me about 2 to 3 weeks to notice a change. Your doctor usually wants to see you back though after 2 weeks to make sure it is working. I would call your doctor and tell them that you aren't noticing a change. They might try putting you on a diffrent medication
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:12 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I tried that too and I had to stop it because I was having dizzy spells and hearing loud clanking sounds in my head. I'm on Cymbalta right now and I feel so much better. They say it takes a few weeks to notice a difference, but I felt better right away.
    Anonymous

• 3 weeks is not enough time. they say it can take 2 months but you should feel better about a month or so.
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 6:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Speak with your physician first before you stop any medication. It is possible that you were started on a low dose in order for your body to adjust to it first and then the physician will increase the dosage on your next visit.
    Please speak with your physician.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:28 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I'm on Wellbutrin and love it. They say 3-4 weeks so stay with it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 6:32 PM on May. 26, 2009

• you arent supposed to start meds the n just stop... if you dont like it talk to ur dr but dont stop
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:46 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would stay with it for a couple of more weeks and if it isn't working after that then talk to your doctor. It usually takes 2-4 weeks before you will see a difference.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:46 PM on May. 26, 2009