The after effects of a c-section..

I was curious to know how many women experienced and issues after a c-section such as pain, gas, and any other c-section related issues...... The reason I am asking this question is because I had a lot of gas, bloating, and water gain right after my c-section. Plus my obgyn is telling me when my husband and I are ready to try for another baby I will not be able to deliver naturally so I want to prepare this time..

mom2hailie

Asked by mom2hailie at 6:11 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Health

• I had alot of gas, discomfort, bloating also but no water gain. It only lasted a short time as I used mild laxatives to help. I had my daughter naturally after my c-section and everything went beautiful. Good luck.
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 6:17 PM on May. 26, 2009

• First off, you CAN have a natural birth. You just have to be firm with your ob and tell him that's what you want. They can't force you into not having the birth you want. C-sections are dangerous. Especially repeated ones.....please do your research on that.

I had water weight, but I think it was because I was drinking to much water and just sitting on my ass for two week cause I couldn't get up.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 6:23 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have had 2 c- sections and both times I was very irregular for a few weeks after, and I have also been told that I would always need to have a c-section but that depends on the reason you had one in the first place. I have been told that some women can have a c- section and a normal birth later. I would get a second opinion about that just to make sure. Some doc.s these days go a little c- section crazy! Its more convenient for them. That is what happened to me anyway, My first baby was born by c- section before my due date, what kind of since did that make? But I was young and scared and didn’t know to question it at the time. Hope this helps!
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 6:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• The gas, pain/discomfort , bloating swelling and water gain are all normal after a c-section. It will go away soon. Keep walking to help with the gas and all. As for the repeat c-section, you can call around. Some docs will try everything to allow you a VBAC while other refuse them
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 6:36 PM on May. 26, 2009

• When I had my second c/s, I did have gas for a few weeks but then it went back to normal. After your next c/s, I would try to walk more and be more active..you will anyways when you have a second child.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 6:48 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Thank God, I am not the only woman who had gas and bloating.. lol for awhile I was starting to think I was going crazy. The only reason why Hailie was from a c-section was the fact that I could not dialate past 1 cm and that her heart rate would not tolerate my contractions.. But I will take the advice about a vbac and see what my obgyn says.. Thanks ladies...
    mom2hailie

Answer by mom2hailie at 11:25 PM on May. 26, 2009