What do you do with your kids when you have to go to the OB/GYN and don't have a sitter?

I am used to having my mother around for things like this. I've moved to a new town and now I don't know what to do. What do I do? Should I bring him with me? That's wierd and even inappropriate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• This happened to me a couple of times, and I just took my daughter with me. She waited outside the door or in the waiting room though.
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 6:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have seen people bring their kids with them to ob appointments. I thanklfully never had to though, Maybe you could get a list of licensed child care providers and see if any of them will do drop in care for an hour or so while you are at your appointment. Also talk to your new neighbors to see if they knnow anyone after hearimng your problem one may even offer to help out.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 6:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It depends of their age. If they are still young enough to be strapped in a stroller, then you can park the stroller close to your head so that the kid can see your face, or may even be looking the same way... kids can be really oblivious to what's going on! If they are older and it is not possible, a drop in daycare? Good luck.
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 6:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• When they were little I would take in with me and give them something to play with.. and pointed them away from the exam.. Now I have them sit outside the door and pribe them to be pewrfect for 10 minutes. I've had no problems. Doctors are used to kids coming along, they will work with you.
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 6:48 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I've had to do this, but before my son was very mobile. the nurse offered to watch my son and he was fine and its a trustworthy staff!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:32 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I've had to more then once, if they are young enough to b in a stroller put them by your head, in the mid range have them stand by your head looking at the wall behind your head older... haven't gotten there yet sorry! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I would reschedule.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:11 PM on May. 26, 2009

• take the children with you......I'm sure the staff can cope......they may even have a play area.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:31 PM on May. 26, 2009