How can I get my daughter's sleep pattern back????

My daughter is 14 months old. She WAS sleeping through the night, with a 2 hour nap that starts at 10 am. Now, she takes a 20 minute nap and wakes up at 3 am wanting to play HELP!!!!

kagegirl

Asked by kagegirl at 6:17 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First of all, any idea why she's doing it? Teething maybe? If that's the case, the problem will eventually solve itself. However, a few suggestions. First, don't go to her at 3AM if you can avoid it. Let her resettle herself. If she won't, try just sitting in the room with her until she goes back to sleep. You don't want to re-inforce the pattern of playing in the middle of the night. Second, try putting her down later for her nap. She may not be tired enough to need a long nap at that point. Push it back a little at a time or you'll end up with a very over tired child and new problems! Good luck!
    Anonymous