I still have a little problem with cigaretts! Need Advice!

Since i found out i was pregnant i have been slowing down alot. I went from a pack a day to about 3 a day. My bf heard of this option where they put a laser in your ear and it stop's the cravings. Im not sure how nice that sounds to me. Is there any other ways?? I need alot of advice

BkMommy2be

Asked by BkMommy2be at 6:30 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When the doctor told me to stop smoking I started smoking more because all I thought about was not smoking I know crazy right but I haven't stop and I know I should but I was just so hard and since Ive been on bedrest since Feb I have had alot of free time I am not saying what I am doing is a good thing I am just sayn don't beat yourself up over it because I know better then anyone how hard it is to quit.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:23 PM on May. 26, 2009

• a laser in your ear? what! never heard that. ok this is not the popu;lar thing but keep it to 3 or less per day if you must smoke. Studies have shown that the stress a moms body goes thru while quitting can be just as bad as the smoking. Not sure if i buy that but good luck on the quitting its relly hard to do.
    Anonymous

• never heard of the laser, but i'm sure its expensive and there are other ways to quit. good for you to decreasing to 3 a day! thats a wonderful first step and once you can handle that, try to 2 a day then 1 a day then none a day! you can chew gum (any type of gum) when you crave one, or suck on candy when you crave one!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I smoked with my first pregnancy... before I got pregnant, i was smoking about a pack a day, during pregnancy I slowed down to about 3 a day.... eventually, without even trying really, I dropped down to 3 a week. Granted, when my daughter was born, I picked it back up. It's hard to quit. I haven't had a cig since July 5, 2008, but I still get the cravings.... I doubt I'd opt for a lazer in my ear though, never heard of that!! Don't beat yourself up over smoking. I've known plenty of ppl who smoked like trains throughout the entire pregnancy and their babies are fine. Good job for dropping down like you have!!! It is very hard. Good luck!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 8:34 PM on May. 26, 2009