• In the Spotlight:

Anyone ever given their baby goat's milk?

My 8 month old daughter (she was a 30 weeker preemie) refuses to drink liquids of any kind! She will only take 2 oz of ANYTHING (juice, formula, etc). I have tried all different formulas, bottles, etc (she was fed expressed breast milk for the first four months, same story).

Today her doctor told me to try her on goat's milk. I was fine with it until I stated googleing and now I'm scared!

Has anyone given goat's milk to a baby before? How did the do? Did you make it into home made formula? Dilute it? Boil it?

Help!

Angela10angel

Asked by Angela10angel at 6:40 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask your doctor what he wants you to do with it. HE is the one who suggested it, HE is the one to whom you need to direct these questions.
    Anonymous

• my mom grew up on a farm. they had 5 kids and they all drank goats milk. i dont know the details but it was probably "raw" or close to it.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 7:09 PM on May. 26, 2009