Do pregnant women sun burn easier?

I went to lake yesterday and we were there for 3 hours. I put sun screen (spf 55) on when we got there and then reapplied it half way through but I still got burned really bad.

I'm in so much pain.

I DO normally burn easily but as long as I reapply a high SPF sun screen often I'm usually safe and can avoid a sun burn.

Do pregnant women just burn easier?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know the technical answer but I burn more easily as well when I'm pregnant!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I do. I think its different with every woman. I'm not completely sure on that I just assume. I usually don't burn but I burnt so bad after an hour at the pool. Usually when I go I don't ever have more than a little pink on my shoulders. I was BRIGHT RED! lol A friend of mine had the same problem when she was pregnant.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 8:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• No idea on actual advice, but I noticed the other day that I had gotten a little burnt on my arms, and it normally takes alot for my arms to get any kind of color. We literally were sitting on the rocks by the beach for maybe 20 mins.. that would have done NOTHING to me before. I would say it is definitely possible!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:48 PM on May. 26, 2009