Now I am confused...

Okay, my period was suppose to start on the 21st like it always does, but here it is the 26th and still no period. On the 11th through the 17th there was very very light spotting, no actual red blood. I thought it could be implantation bleeding, and I still think that is what it is. I took a pregnancy test a few days ago and it came back negative still so now I am confused. Maybe I'm not taking the test right, I know it isn't too soon though some women are different. I don't know, I'm lost....NEED HELP!!! Thanks in advance! :)

ZammiesMommy

Asked by ZammiesMommy at 7:25 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• did you take the test first thing in the morning? the spotting could have very well been your period, but just really really light, but how long did it last?
    Anonymous

• It lasted from the 11th to the 17th, still longer than my normal periods. And also, i normally have a very heavy period at first and it doesn't usually get light till the last day or so, it normally lasts about 4-5 days. But no, I didn't take it in the morning, it was night time. I took a clearblue digital one if that makes any difference.
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 7:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• go to the doctor to figure out whats going on
    Anonymous

• Welcome to the club same thing happened to me but to avoid the questions I took a test that read yes and no and I took it at 5'30 IN the morning and within 30 seconds of peeing it said yes!! Go figure now I am having a baby.
    laydlexius

Answer by laydlexius at 7:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Well, even though the spotting was sooner than your normal periods and lasted longer too, it still could have been your period. The human body can be strange and sometimes for no reason at all your period can get messed up. I'm not saying that that is what happened, but it could be. If your period was due on the 21st and you still haven't gotten what you know to be your period then if you tested it should show up. But it's different for some women. I know women who tested every day for 2 weeks after they missed their period until they finally got that BFP. It all depends on how much of the hCg hormone is being produced. Often when you catch it really early on there isn't enough of the hormone for the test to pick it up. You may want to try a more sensitive test. Walmart carries one called Answer. According to a lot of the testing websites, this one beats out EPT. It tests for a lower amount of the hormone...
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 7:38 PM on May. 26, 2009

• The spotting most definitely could have been implantation as well. I would wait 72 hours, get a different brand of test and test again with morning urine. If you are still getting a negative then call your doctor and get in the see them. Hope everything works out and good luck!!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 7:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• If I am I would be apx like 4 1/2 weeks along. So I am sure that should be long enough. But some women have said that they didnt find out till they were 6 weeks along or further. I would just go to the hospital and find out but just moving here, and having no medical insurance it makes it more difficult.

Congrats laydlexius!! :)
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 7:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Oh and I took the Answer test this morning (btw way, it's totally cheap...less than $7 for two of them) and my test was positive. I am only 1 day late. But we were TTC so I knew to test. Anyway, I liked the test...it a simple 2 lines yes, 1 line no....my 2 lines showed up within seconds. Good luck!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 7:42 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My Fiance and I are TTC also. I will definitely try that Answer test. Thank you. Congrats to you also!! :)
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 7:45 PM on May. 26, 2009