Breastfeeding

I know breast feeding is a good bonding experience and more healthy but I can't get over the fact that I don't want my own flesh and blood sucking on my boobs I feel like its incest am I crazy can you tell me get over this weird fear, thought or whtever you would call it

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 7:30 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow...I don't know how you feel as I never thought that myself. I took a breastfeeding class and learned a lot. I think that once your baby is here you will get over feeling that way, because is nothing sexual about a nursing baby.
    Anonymous

• no it isnt incest. thats why females have breasts. cows have them, dogs and cats have them, and humans have them...to feed our offspring! breastfeeding releases a lot of seritonin too!
    Anonymous

• So how do get over this creepy feeling?
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• just get over it! its natural and anyone who thinks anything sexual about it... is disgusting.
    Anonymous

• If it really weirds you out don't BF. I BF my first and not my 2nd. They are 8 & 9. Their are sick equal amounts of time (not often), they are BOTH A B honor roll kids. You are not forever altering the life of your child b/c you don't BF. Anyone who who jumps down your throat about this a BF crazy and best to be ignored. There are benefits of bonding if it works for you but on that I held my babies close when I bottle fed so meh. Do some more research and see how you feel. Bottom line its YOUR body so you get to CHOOSE.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:54 PM on May. 26, 2009