I took 3 postive pregnancy test but the doctors test says no

Ive been off birth control for about a year, Recently ive tooken a tests because ive been feeling pregnanct and they have all came out positive! This morning when i woke up i took one and it was again positive and shortly i went to the doctor after and theirs was negative im very confused and need some advice: )

Myblessing2009

Asked by Myblessing2009 at 7:36 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• was the dr test a blood test or a urine test?
    it is possible to get a false neg on urine tests
    it if was not a blood test, go back and ask for a blood test
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i would take one more test and if positive then call the doc again and tell them whats going on what happend and ask for a blood test just to once and for all verify. but if u got a blood test then i would really assume your not. good luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:45 PM on May. 26, 2009

• yeah if it wasnt a blood test you go back and ask for one.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 7:45 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I had taken two pregnancy tests, went to the doctor to get it verified, and there's was negative... that was almost two years ago (my daughter is 20mo old!!!) Definately either ask for a blood test or wait about a week and go back for another test. Good luck!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 8:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Well I took 2 at home tests myself and they were negative but my period was 2 weeks late so I decided to go to the dr. because something just wasnt right and sure enough I was 6 weeks pregnate. The Only way to be sure is to have a blood test done. BTW the at home ones go by hormones and levels can go up and down so never ever trust them.
    Sunnysmileyme

Answer by Sunnysmileyme at 10:24 AM on May. 27, 2009