formula....?

I know that I am going to have to have her formula changed. We will be moving from Similac EarlyShield to something else. I'm just wondering from other's exprience with their acid reflux babies, which did better...Good Start or Enfamil Lipil? She has been on both, but she was switched to Good Start from Enfamil so fast because of WIC that I'm not sure how she will do on it. She was ok on Good Start but still spit up like crazy......should I request to try Enfamil this time??

*breastfeeding is not an option.

TNT8687

Asked by TNT8687 at 7:41 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried soy or a hypoallergenic formula? We had to go to soy with my daughter, and she's been on Zantac for three months. The spitup has gotten under control now that she's on solids (she's five months old today). But when she was on milk-based formula, oh. my. god. I thought I was going to go CRAZY. All she did was scream and cry because her belly hurt and her throat hurt because of the reflux. Now with the soy formula, she still spits up from time to time, but it doesn't bother her at all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:50 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Oh, and to answer your question...I liked Good Start milk-based better than Enfamil. I dunno what it was, it just seemed to work better for us until we went on soy.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• my niece....and several of my cousins babies.....all had to be put on nutramigen because we have terrible allergies in the family. my niece couldn't even tolerate soy. if a pediatrician signs a note, or whatever they need to write for WIC, they have to supply that exact formula for you.
    i personally like enfamil lipil best, it's finer and not as thick of a powder. this is what i used when transitioning my son from nutramigen
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:42 PM on May. 26, 2009

• ENFIMIL WITH LIPIL.. WILL GIVE YOUR BABY SERIOUS BAD SMELLING BURPS...

OTHER THAN THAT MY SON WAS GREAT.. HOWEVER I DID FIND THAT THE SOY MILK.. MADE HIS ACID REFLUX LESS ACTIVE.. AND HONESTLY.. I LIKED IT TOO.. FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD THE SOY MILK HAS ALL THE SAME NUTRIENTS TOO.
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 10:15 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My DD had acid reflux and we put her on soy formula. All of the name brands were still somehow really hard on her stomache. We finally switched to target brand soy and she hasnt spit up as much and isnt as gassy as before. That switch along with Zantac and Prevacid worked for her. Good luck to you and I hope that it gets better.
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 11:05 PM on May. 26, 2009

• try enfimil b4 going to a gentle blend. babies do better when their bodies break down whole proteins. these gentle blends contain already dismantled proteins wich, unless your baby REALLY needs too, can have the oposite effect. my son was breast fed then my supply went awol, so we used similac advanced. the muddiest butt i had ever seen was the result of that so we switched to enfimil and he spits up still but he digest his formula waaay better now. stay away from soy! it isnt a natural protein for your babies body to digest. soy is nowhere near close to breast milk. the nutrient content has little relevance so use milk based if possible. enfimil was faomy but easier on my little ones tummy. goodluck!
    BillyKraftsMom

Answer by BillyKraftsMom at 3:12 AM on May. 27, 2009

• my child had horrid acid refulx ENFIMAL A.R. is the best with added rich starch its a really thick based one and works wonders! held it down from day 1
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:44 AM on May. 27, 2009