• In the Spotlight:

Please help - forced puking

my 9 month old keeps putting his fingers in his mouth until he pukes. He has puked about 8 times in the last hour or so.
Is this normal, why is he doing this, and how can I make him stop?

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 7:51 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 11 month old does it too...mainly when I'm busy with something that really needs to get done. Does he do it to get your attention?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:03 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Now would probably be a good time to teach "NO". Or you could dab his fingers in vinegar and see if that helps any.....
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:09 PM on May. 26, 2009

• just pull them out and tell them no. my daughter started that around 10 months continued for about 2 months (not that often though) if you can't get him to stop by saying no, they make a nail biting/ thumb sucking solution you can put on kids fingers to get them to stop biting/sucking that may work
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:15 PM on May. 26, 2009

• my 6 month old has ALWAYS done that. i dont know what to do about it either. i know he sucks/chews his fingers for soothing and teething so i dont want to force him to stop. all i can say is they do grow up quicker than you think and untill then just keep an eye out for your child. it should cease. maybe even try distracting him with toys that are appropriate for him to mouth on. good luck!
    BillyKraftsMom

Answer by BillyKraftsMom at 2:55 AM on May. 27, 2009