please help! i'm 15 and i just found out i'm pregnant and my entire family wants me to get an abortion!

i have a part time job after school and ive been with my boyfriend for one year. my entire family especially my mom wants me to abort the baby. she says if i dont go get it done she'll force me to go and get it done. i dont want to kill my baby! i dont know what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i dont think this is even a real person asking this. but they cant make you get one.
    Anonymous

• Nobody can force you to get an abortion.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 7:58 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I dont think they can make you get and abortion! And you should do what you think is right, understand that they most likely want you to do this because they care for you and are worried about the future. Not that i am saying you cant have a good life if you dont keep the baby. I got pregnant at 15 had my son at 16 and live a great life. I finished school have a good job and go to college! Maybe you should show them that you have a plan, with school and keeping your job. and as for the father make sure he has a plan too! Good luck and I hope it all works out! Listen to your heart!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:59 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Look your mother straight in the eye and ask her if she could kill you? If her answer is no, then ask her, why in the world would she then expect you to kill your baby?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:59 PM on May. 26, 2009

• You had the choice and chose unprotected sex so you should have the choice to keep the baby. Call a doctor, OBGYN, explain to them what your parents are trying to do, learn from them your rights. Tell them you want to keep the baby and you want to know what steps to take to be able to have your own authority.

~hmm~
    heathertilton08

Answer by heathertilton08 at 8:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• You don't have to be saddled with a baby if you don't want or cannot care for it yourself. Sounds like your parents are not going to help you out, so you may find yourself on your own. How is your boyfriend with all of this? Is he wanting to be a part of the baby's life? Will he marry you when you are eligible? Will he work his butt off to provide for his little family?

If the answer is no...adoption is an option!
    Anonymous

• i had my first at 19 and if i knew then what i know now... meaning the way life is and hard money responsibility and "love" my life would be diffrent. now i love my 2 kids but i know deep down i wish i waited and had a chance at the life i wanted meaning travel, house, no debt. think first. but i didnt and life has been hard and a lot of hills along the way. but i did have suport of family. what are u gonna do if they throw u out? what about school? your mom might see it as she will have to raise your child so u can finish school or make money and going out good luck. u will get to see your graduating classmates on tv grauduating while your careing for a child. ( been there ) its depressing. beleave me. think of yourself first and what u can offer your child. also they can force u but they can make your life tougher by not being there for u.
    Anonymous

• i ment cant sorry
    Anonymous

• Seriously, you need to make this decision on your own. You are very young, but that does not mean that you can't raise a baby. Everyone gets some kind of help whether is from your boyfriend of one year or mom & dad (They will come around eventually) or grandparents. As you mature you will be just fine. You can also give up the baby for adoption. abortion is not the only answer and you will always live with whatever decision you make. It's your life not mom"s !!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree with soonmommyof3.... how can your mom and family expect you to kill your baby if they didn't you? It will be hard, especially if you decide to keep your baby and they don't help you after the birth. Hang in there, and stay in school... whatever you do.... stay in school. It will be hard, but you need that education to help support your baby. Good luck to you. Do what you feel is best.
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 8:19 PM on May. 26, 2009