How much should I feed...

my seven and half week dd is driving me crazy with her feeding. sometimes she'll eat 5 oz sometimes she eats 3, then acts hungry and when i offer it, she wont drink. I know I'm supposed to feed on demand and not force it but I hate to throw away formula or my precious milk (she gets both) how much did your baby eat at almost 8 weeks??? Maybe its a growth spurt?? (somedays she eats more often too) Thanks all! also...just another quickie..has anyone switched to alimentum to help with constipation?

clransom

Asked by clransom at 7:59 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• feed whenever she wants it....
    Anonymous

• My son is almost 7 weeks. He eats anywhere from 4oz to 6oz of formula a day. Recently I switched his formula from Similac Advance with EarlyShield to regular Similac Advance and now he seems to be having bowel movements every two days whereas before it was once or twice a day. I haven't tried Alimentum but I was considering it for a few days. If she acts like she's hungry but refuses to take the bottle, maybe try giving her a pacifier. She may just want to suck. If the pacifier doesn't soothe her, try the bottle again. Works for my son.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 10:18 PM on May. 26, 2009