How can I get 1 year old to sleep through night?

She still wakes up middle of night and wants to sleep in bed w. us and wont go back to sleep in crib!? So we are stuck w her in our bed.. which can be frustrating! Any ideas??

coltschic85

Asked by coltschic85 at 8:01 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sorry momma. Sleeping through the night is a developmental milestone. You could try reading the no-cry sleep solution though.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 8:09 PM on May. 26, 2009

• When you find out, let me know! Right in the same boat. Fortunately, cosleeping is easier for us than attempting anything else, but the night wakings really do put a damper on things! Good luck! I just keep telling myself, it won't be like this when she's in college. LOL!
    CALsMama

Answer by CALsMama at 8:34 PM on May. 26, 2009

• When I was teaching my son to sleep through the night, eventhough he was still an infant, I would let him fuss for a minute or so and each couple of days I let him go for a little longer. Since your daughter is 1 I would put her in her crib let her fall asleep by herself with no sippy cup or toys. At first it will be very hard and you are going to lose a lot of sleep but when she wakes up let her fuss for 10 to 15 minutes and as each night goes by increase the time. This will teach her that she needs to sleep in her crib insted of with you. If she goes to sleep and she wakes up again do the same thing and the biggest key is YOU CANT GIVE IN. Kids learn by reputition. It will take her a while but trust me, she will not be mad at you the next morning for making her sleep in her room.
    babyboyfactory

Answer by babyboyfactory at 9:35 PM on May. 26, 2009

• when I broke my daughter out of co-sleeping, when she'd wake up in the middle of the night, I'd get her a sippy and sit on her floor. She'd scream and cry and call out "Mommy night-night" cause she wanted in the bed with me. I would tell her that mommy would stay right there till she fell asleep. And I'd stay on her floor till she laid down. It would sometimes take 30min before she'd fall back asleep, but eventually the time dwindled down and she slept in her bed instead of mine. It's a trying process, but it worked. I agree with babyboyfactory... you can't give in once you start to break her of co-sleeping.
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 4:44 AM on May. 27, 2009