Do you believe in hell and the devil?If you don't read or trust in the bible then who do you trust?

If you are a Christian and do not believe in hell, then you are calling Jesus a liar did you know that? If you are a Christian and don't believe in the devil and his influence in this world you are calling God and Jesus liars. The bible not only tells us about God and Jesus. It also warns us about the devil , and hell. If you don't trust the bible then who do you trust, and how come you trust them more than God or Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i know the the devil and hell is real and I hope people find the truth Jesus Christ before its to late...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:41 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Troll.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:07 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i believe that the devil is just someone for everyone to blame their problems on and jesus is just someone for ppl to pray upon and have faith in
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 8:10 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I only believe in hell and the devil insofar as the potential for hell and evil is within each one of us. There is no Hell , there is no Devil outside of us. Surely by now you realise by now that much of the bible uses fable and myth to instruct and to illustrate ? It cannot all be taken literally.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:12 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Jesus or God has not told me there is or isnt a hell or devil....So therefore I am not calling anyone a liar. The bible is not my truth although it has some truth in it.. The translation is the problem that I have. It might have been inspired by God, and written to what he wanted but the translation was not, alot was added or taken out. I do not believe, or disbelieve,I quesstion. Also in the OT, hell or the devil was not a monster or horrid place. It was not until the NT, that hell became a firey hell and the devil was the root of all evil. I am sorry but I do not have blind faith, and I need more than a book that was written and rewritten(translated) many times.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:13 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Blah blah blah. I believe in science.
    pitter_patter

Answer by pitter_patter at 8:13 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Yeah, when you don't believe in God and Jesus it's kind of hard to put all your trust in them, huh?

I trust in ME. Everything that happens to me is MY responsibility. I eat because I WANT TO. Not because some man up in the sky is providing me food.

Oh, and no, I don't believe in hell or the devil either. I don't believe in sin either. *GASP* What are you gonna do about it?

Troll.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:16 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I am a pagan and do not believe that Jesus of Nazareth was the son of God. I do believe that evil does exist in some humans not in animals or other forms of nature. I don't believe in Satan or hell or the Christian version of heaven. I believe that every person is responsible for their actions and can not blame their bads deeds on a others such as Satan.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 8:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Is this the devil himself, or just one of his stooges?
    Was there a point to this "question"?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I truly wish people would go do an in-depth study of the Bible so they learn that She'ol (Hebrew for Grave) and Hades (Greek for unseen place of the dead) is what the word HELL was used to translate these words so therefore Hell only means the Grave, not a place of torment because She'ol was never equated to any punishment because those in She'ol were not Conscious as Ecc 9:5, 10 bring out.. (among other Scriptures that explain that) and Gehenna and Lake of Fire mean death that one can never be resurrected from.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:19 PM on May. 26, 2009