Guess what?

Our garden has sprouts all the plants we planted are starting to grow. Hopefully soon we will have watermelons, pumpkins, cucumbers and tomatoes.

As soon as I get the videos uploaded to you tube I am gonna post a new journal about it.

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 8:26 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cool growing your own stuff will save you some cash , I'm growing avocados let's see how that works :)
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:27 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Haha That's awesome! The boys must be so excited that their garden is blooming! Gosh that really didn't take any time at all did it? You must have a super green thumb! (Mine is black...)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• congradulations! i tried watermelons.... yeah that didnt go to well lol. but good for u (:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Excellent, Viola! There's nothing like walking out to your garden and deciding what you'll have for supper that evening.

Answer by Bmat at 8:32 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Good deal! I wish I had the yard enough to grow my own vegetables.......That would be so very awesome! You are very fortunate to be able to do this! Enjoy!
    mirakoboy

Answer by mirakoboy at 8:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• thats awesome! i wish we could have a garden, i love fresh fruit and veggies. I cant wait to see your journal post, your boys are sooo cute
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 8:48 PM on May. 26, 2009

• That's so cool! My son is growing a sunflower. It's doing really well. But, I think the plant my daughter's growing is actually a weed. It doesn't look like a flower and it's growing way too fast to be anything good LOL...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 8:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I know I am fortunate we lived in apartments for so long. This place we have now has a decent sized back yard, but it took me four years to plant a garden in it. I really don't know why.

I am soooo excited I can't wait to have watermelons, oh and Beck they have just sprouted there aren't any blooms yet.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 8:52 PM on May. 26, 2009

• YAY! I love my garden! And my DD does too! She gets very excited to go out and water it everyday and then when it's ready to pick she thinks it is the coolest thing to pick out her veggies for dinner that night...though the "firs pickingt" of the season she gets very upset and thinks we are "ruining it" until we explain it to her...well at least she did last year...this year I assume it will be the same way. But congrats!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 9:11 PM on May. 26, 2009

• That is so awesome. So exciting to plant and patiently wait and in the end harvest things you tended to all season, makes it taste all the better. What a wonderful thing to share and experience with a child. I think gardening is a great lesson in patients being its own reward. I am in Ohio so my mater plants and cukes are still pretty small, but we have been enjoying strawberries right from the plant. Would like enough for shortcake, but it is too tempting to just pick and pop them in our mouths.
    Happy growing!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:16 PM on May. 26, 2009