We still haven't told his parents that I'm pregnant!

I am almost 18wks pregnant and we haven't told his parents. June 2nd we find out what we are having, and I think that may be when he will tell his parents. I am so dreading it! in the past they have not been very nice about, my getting pregnant. and all they think about is money. Not sure what to say if, they say negative things about this pregnancy. Any ideas?

soonmommyof3

Asked by soonmommyof3 at 8:33 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I say you ignore them. No one has any say about you and your choices...well except your DH/SO maybe...I'm currently on number 5 and some of my extended family often ask me if this is my last. I love to tell them that I'm shooting for 12 in under 15 years...the looks on their faces. It's none of their business!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 9:32 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Tell them it is your life, and they dont need to worry about your money situation because thats not their problem! Tell them your sorry that they feel that way but you know whats best for you and your family!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:37 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i know when it came to telling my parents i waited till i knew the sex and when i said i was pregnant she was like ok how far along...long enough to know its a girl. i had a job a fience my own place but even 19 still young i know i was scared. hope evrything goes well good luck.
    Anonymous

• Meh...no one seems to like me getting pregnant. My whole family thought I should stop at 3. I'm pregnant with my 5th. I just tell them it is my uterus, I will do with it what I want and it's not like I'm asking THEM to support my children.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 8:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i think you should ignor them if they have anything negative to say there not the ones having the baby you are and you shouldnt let them suck out the joy of being preg bc its your child you do as you please theyll get over it and when the babys born they'll love it.
    scholtzmma

Answer by scholtzmma at 9:10 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I waited a LONG time to tell my parents...six months, actually. I was afraid they'd be mad because my boyfriend and I aren't married and because I haven't finished school yet.

However, they were SO thrilled. So were my three older brothers (who are all kid-less). Everybody loves Ericka soooooo much! And they're all so excited for her to come home. It's turned out very well.

Don't worry..just tell them. If they don't agree, then they don't have to be in the child's life. It's their choice.
    Bubbles318

Answer by Bubbles318 at 10:39 PM on May. 27, 2009